Don’t toss out that toilet paper roll! Did you know that one simple piece of cardboard can help your kids create tons of fun and easy crafts?
If you’re looking for a way to keep your kids entertained after school or on weekend, an empty toilet paper roll is the perfect place to start.
We’re here to inspire you with this list of 17 easy toilet paper crafts for kids plus 17 craft essentials!
17 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Essentials to Invest In
Before you get started crafting, here’s a list of 17 toilet paper roll craft essentials you’ll want to have on hand.
- Construction paper – You’ll want to cover your toilet paper roll with this must-have essential. You can find a rainbow of colors and even textures online or in a craft store.
- Other types of paper – Everything from wrapping paper to tissue paper to simple white printer paper can be used when creating your toilet paper roll crafts.
- Glue sticks – Perfect for little hands to glue on googly eyes or construction paper.
- Glue gun – This tool is best used by adults or older kids. It’s great for gluing on those hard-to-attach details to your projects.
- Scissors – Grab some kid-friendly scissors as well as an adult pair to cut up paper as well as craft accessories like pipe cleaners.
- Paints – Acrylic or tempera paints work best, but washable paints are preferred for younger kids and easy clean up.
- Pipe cleaners – You can cut, twist, and bend these fuzzy sticks to create fun details. Be careful to keep them away from little hands as the ends can be quite sharp.
- Gems and jewels – Add some bling to your creations by adding some plastic gems and jewels to your toilet paper rolls.
- Pom pom balls – Grab a bag of pom pom balls in different sizes and textures to add a fun element to your design.
- Googly eyes – Bring your creations to life with some googly eyes. They come in different sizes and even colors!
- Buttons – Colorful buttons are a fun way to add details and can be used as eyes or stacked together to create larger elements.
- Foam shapes – Foam letters and shapes are simple to add. Some even come with a sticky back – no glue required!
- Stickers – Any type or size of sticker will work. They are also one of the easiest things for little hands to add to their creation.
- Glitter – Add some sparkle by adding different colors of glitter or glitter glue.
- Ribbon or yarn – You can use all types of colorful ribbon or yarn to create hair or other fun details.
- Colored tape – Use some colored tape or washi tape to add stripes to your toilet paper rolls.
- Markers and crayons – Add those final details and flourishes with some markers and crayons.
17 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
From rockets and robots to skeletons and superheroes. We’ve got you covered with 17 toilet paper rolls crafts for kids!
- Unicorn Toilet Paper Roll Craft | Funny Money Mom – The level of cuteness is off the charts with these adorable unicorns complete with flower crowns and flowing hair.
- Easy Paper Roll Rockets | Look We’re Learning! – These rockets are so simple and easy to make, and your kids will love making them zoom around and pretending they can fly.
- Toilet Paper Roll Race Car | Toot’s Mom is Tired – Kids will have a blast decorating their very own cars and racing them around the house. They work perfectly with small action figures.
- Cardboard Tube Zebra | Crafts by Amanda – Perfect for animal lovers, this little zebra is covered in stripes and is great for pretend play.
- Simple Bird Feeder | Attachment Mummy – Kids will love to create this bird feeder and hang it outside to watch and feed birds in the neighborhood.
- Fun Kaleidoscope Craft | Darcy & Brian – This craft requires a little extra help from a grown up, but in the end your child will love watching the colorful beads spin.
- Toilet Roll Train | Kids Activities Blog – This craft is perfect for little train lovers and is so simple to make, you can find just about everything in your recycling bin.
- Paper Tube Superhero Cuffs | Elle Marie Home – Your little superhero will love to create these cuffs and wear them on their next adventure!
- Recycled Robots | Artsy Momma – Kids of all ages can have fun creating their very own robot with supplies you have around the house.
- Fairy House Luminaries | Messy Little Monster – These luminaries are magical and are perfect for little ones to use with small dolls or figurines.
- Toilet Paper Roll Flowers | The Best Ideas for Kids – Kids can create a field of colorful flowers to welcome Spring or add color to a rainy day.
- Toilet Roll Ninjas | Kids Activity Blog – Your kids will not only love creating these fun little ninjas, but they’ll also love playing with them as part of their pretend play.
- Dinosaur Skeleton | Your Modern Family – Your little dinosaur lover or budding paleontologist will have fun building a giant dinosaur completely out of toilet paper rolls!
- Rainbow Windsock | Easy Peasy & Fun – Smiling clouds and colorful rainbow tissue paper ribbons will help to brighten a rainy day.
- Paper Roll Aliens | Meaningful Mama – Kids can push the boundaries of creativity by adding as many eyes, noses, legs, and arms as they want to create their very own alien.
- Cardboard Tube Bowling Game | Craftulate – This is more than a simple craft – it’s a game! Set up your “pins” and see how many you can knock over.
- Toilet Roll Castle | Red Ted Art – How amazing is it that kids can create their very own castle out of some toilet paper tubes and some basic craft materials?
Did You Know?
- If you don’t have any toilet paper rolls on hand, don’t worry! Simply take a paper towel roll and cut it in half.
- You can also take a piece of construction paper and roll it several times to create layers. Then simply tape it off at the end and cut to size.
Who knew a simple toilet paper roll could be so much fun? Now it’s time to get started making your favorite toilet paper roll crafts!