Las Vegas is most definitely NOT just for grown-ups.
While it may not be the obvious choice, Vegas offers plenty of fun things to do for the entire family.
This list of 19 things to do with kids in Las Vegas covers 3 must-stay hotels and 19 of our favorite activities.
- If you didn’t drive yourself to Vegas, make sure to rent a car, especially if the place you’re staying is off the strip. You’ll save lots of money on taxis and ride shares that you’ll want to have handy for meals and snacks.
- If you aren’t renting a car, Las Vegas is easy to navigate, and you’ll find that public or private transportation is readily available.
- Avoid walking the Strip at night, as the nightlife can be overwhelming and sometimes unsafe. Instead, walk the Strip in the morning and early afternoon for the best family experience.
What to Pack
When it comes time to pack, you’re sure to have all the essentials with this handy list:
- Pack two outfits a day per person. You’ll most likely end up sweaty and smoky after a day of fun, and if you plan to take in a show or go out for dinner in the evening, you’ll appreciate a fresh set of clothes.
- As always, you want to dress for the weather, so make sure to check the weather report before you go. When it’s hot, it’s HOT, so light, cool clothing is a must. And because high temperatures are common, you’ll find that just about everywhere you go is air conditioned, so you’ll want to carry with you a light jacket or sweater since you can easily get chilled indoors. Winter months however can be quite chilly, so you’ll want to bring a few warmer layers.
- No matter when you’re traveling, don’t forget your swimwear, including rash guards and cover ups. Your hotel will most likely have a pool and there are fun water parks to visit.
- Protect yourself from the strong desert sun by packing sunhats, sunglasses, and lots of sunscreen.
- Comfy walking shoes are a must have in Vegas. You’ll spend plenty of time walking every day, so bring a couple of pairs to keep your feet happy. And just in case, pack some blister treatments like moleskin.
- Keep all your essentials handy with a daypack or fannypack. That way, you can stay hands-free while you enjoy exploring the city.
- Don’t forget to pack reusable water bottles to stay hydrated.
3 Must-Stay Hotels in Las Vegas
One of the most important things you can do when traveling to Vegas is picking the right accommodations. If you’re searching for a family-friendly hotel, look no further. We’ve gathered a list of 3 must-stay spots.
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino – This hotel has plenty of options for rooms including one and two-bedroom suites, entertainment, and kid-friendly dining. The pool complex offers plenty of fun with 4 pools, 3 whirlpools, a lazy river, and waterfalls. Topgolf is located onsite for those that want to practice their swing.
- The Mirage Hotel & Casino – Your family will enjoy this tropical-themed hotel. The pool area comes complete with cabanas and waterfalls. You can visit the Dolphin Habitat or the 20,000-gallon saltwater tank filled with a variety of fish and other species. And you don’t want to miss the giant volcano that shoots fire every evening!
- Mandalay Resort Hotel & Casino – If your kids love water, this is the spot for you. The hotel has 11 acres of water fun including a lazy river, pool, and a lagoon. The Shark Reef Aquarium has one of the largest tanks in North America. Rooms are spacious and there are suites available. Plus, the hotel features one of the most popular Cirque Du Soleil shows.
19 Things To Do with Kids in Las Vegas
Ready to start planning your vacation? Check out this list of 19 things to do with kids in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas Indoor Skydiving – You can learn to fly and defy gravity while experiencing the thrilling sensation of skydiving. Wind speeds of up to 120 mph will keep you flying high. It may sound scary, but you’ll be ready to go after your training session.
- Lion Habitat Ranch – This is not your ordinary zoo. You will fall in love with their lions as well as giraffes and wild birds. Watch Ozzie the giraffe create art, feed the animals, or take a behind the scenes tour.
- Tournament of Kings – This Camelot-like castle is fun for the whole family. The dinner and show features brave knights and mighty steeds, along with special effects and pyrotechnics. Kids will love eating their meal with their hands while taking in this live-action production.
- The Adventuredome – This indoor adventure park features 25 rides and attractions for all ages, including arcade games, extreme sports, miniature golf, virtual reality, and even clown shows.
- The Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens – Surround yourself with the sights, sounds, scents, and colors of breathtaking displays that change every season. It’s a feast for the senses and it’s free to visit. Plus, you’ll definitely want to visit the dancing waters at the front of the hotel – especially at night when they’re at their most magical.
- Topgolf Las Vegas – Located behind the MGM Grand Resort, you can practice your swing at the three-level driving range, while taking in amazing views of the Strip. Take a lesson, play more than a dozen different golf games, or relax with some delicious food and drinks.
- High Roller Observation Wheel – You can soar a whopping 550 feet above the Las Vegas Strip and take in 360-degree views of the city and the mountains. It takes a full 30 minutes to go around one time, and at night, the lights can’t be beat.
- Popovich Comedy Pet Theater – This family-friendly comedy show features around 30 animals that once resided in shelters. Now these pets are Las Vegas stars. Every evening features a different theme, so you never know what show you’re going to see.
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory – Just east of the Strip you’ll find this chocolate factory, famous for its gourmet chocolates. Visit the tasting room or go on a guided tour to learn how chocolates are made.
- Springs Preserve – The Preserve’s museums feature fossils and pieces of history along with live animals. You can explore over four miles of nature trails and archeological sites or visit the butterfly park.
- Neon Museum – When you think of Las Vegas you most likely picture neon. This museum gives you the chance to take in a little of the city’s history. You can take tours both day and night, but nighttime is always more exciting when everything is lit up.
- Downtown Container Park – This unique spot features shopping, attractions, and plenty of fun photo ops. The shops, bars, and restaurants are actually made from old shipping containers. Kids will love the interactive playground featuring stairs and slides. You can also hang out in the grassy area and enjoy games and outdoor movies.
- David Copperfield Show – This show is quite literally magical. Best for older kids and adults, David Copperfield offers an experience you won’t forget. Located at the MGM Resort, it’s a classic show that offers a little nostalgia and a lot of illusion.
- Seaquest Interactive Aquarium – Located on the Strip, you’ll have tons of fun activities to choose from. Feed a shark, swim with the stingrays, and visit tons of sea life and exotic birds. Kids will love the touch tanks and their cool collection of reptiles.
- Cirque Du Soleil – Las Vegas currently offers six amazing shows that are guaranteed to thrill and excite. Always make sure to get your tickets early and visit their website to find out which shows are the most appropriate for your kids’ ages and interests.
- Discovery Children’s Museum – This spot features three stories of fun along with interactive exhibits. Your kids will love visiting Water World, EcoCity and Young at Art inspired by Dr. Seuss. Take the littlest ones to Toddler Town and grab a tasty bite at the food truck.
- Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. – If anyone in your family is an Avengers fan, they will love this museum dedicated to everyone’s favorite superhero team. Located at Treasure Island, you’ll enjoy interactive exhibits as well as actual costumes from the movies!
- M&M’s World Las Vegas – This 28,000 square foot attraction is all about those famous chocolate candies. Personalize some M&M’s with your own custom message and even images. It’s four stories of delicious, colorful fun.
- Madame Tussauds – Located at the Venetian Resort, you’ll love the more than 100 realistic wax figures. Find your favorite musician, actor, or comic book character, including Spider-Man and the Hulk. You can also visit the theater for a 3D movie.
Viva Las Vegas! Now you’re ready to explore all it has to offer with this list of 19 things to do with kids in Las Vegas.